Yah, meski tampilan OS windows 8 lebih keren dan terlihat canggih, namun tidak sedikit yang merasa kurang user friendly, so manfaatkan freeware tersebut agar menu start bisa terlihat seperti classic/ lama. Kamu bisa pilih mode menu startnya (ada tiga)
Silahkan download start menu windows 7, vista, classic to windows 8 disini/ here
Classic Start Menu
Classic Start Menu is a clone of the start menu from Windows 2000, XP and Vista that sadly is gone missing in Windows 7. It has a variety of advanced features:
• Drag and drop to let you organize your applications
• Options to show Favorites, expand Control Panel, etc
• Shows recently used documents. The number of documents to display is customizable
• Translated in 35 languages, including Right-to-left support for Arabic and Hebrew
• Does not disable the original start menu in Windows. You can access it by Shift+Click on the start button
• Right-click on an item in the menu to delete, rename, sort, or perform other tasks
• The search box helps you find your programs without getting in the way of your keyboard shortcuts
• Supports jumplists for easy access to recent documents and common tasks
• Available for 32 and 64-bit operating systems
• Has support for skins, including additional 3rd party skins. Make your own!
• Fully customizable in both looks and functionality
• Support for Microsoft’s Active Accessibility
• Converts the “All Programs” button in the Windows menu into a cascading menu (Vista and Windows 7)
• Implements a customizable start button (Windows 7 and 8)
• Can show, search and launch Windows Store apps (Windows 8)
Classic Explorer is a plugin for Windows Explorer that:
• Adds a toolbar to Explorer for some common operations (Go to parent folder, Cut, Copy, Paste, Delete, Properties, Email). The toolbar is fully customizable
• Replaces the copy UI in Vista and Windows 7 with the more user-friendly “classic” version similar to Windows XP
• Handles Alt+Enter in the folder panel of Windows Explorer and shows the properties of the selected folder
• Has options for customizing the folder panel to look more like the Windows XP version or to not fade the expand buttons
• Can show the free disk space and the total size of the selected files in the status bar
• Can disable the breadcrumbs in the address bar
• Fixes a long list of features that are broken in Windows 7 – missing icon overlay for shared folders, the jumping folders in the navigation pane, missing sorting headers in list view, and more
Classic IE9 is a plugin for Internet Explorer 9 and 10 that:
• Adds a caption to the title bar so you can see the full title of the page
• Shows the security zone in the status bar
• Shows the loading progress in the status bar
The toolbar for Windows Explorer will not show up automatically after installation. You have to do a few things before you can use it:
1) Open a new Windows Explorer window (Win key+E)
2) Go to the View menu and select Toolbars -> “Classic Explorer Bar” to show the toolbar.
3) If that option is not available (you only see “Lock the Toolbars”) you may have to enable the plugin from Internet Explorer. Run IE, right click on its toolbar and select “Classic Explorer Bar”. It will ask you if you want to enable this add-on. Select “Enable”, then do steps 1 and 2 again.
4) If that doesn’t work, try going to Tools -> Manage addons in Internet Explorer. Locate the addons “Classic Explorer Bar” and “ExplorerBHO Class” and make sure they are enabled.
5) If even then you don't see the toolbar, maybe the browser extensions are disabled on your system. This is usually the default for servers. Open the "Internet Options", go to the "Advanced" tab, and check the option "Enable third-party browser extensions".
It goes without saying (but I’ll say it anyway!) that you have to turn on the status bar from the View menu if you want to see the file sizes.